Sending a Quote
Now you can build and send professional quotes quickly. Customers accept right from their email.
Whether you are on desktop or mobile, creating and sending a quote is nearly the same. There are a few slight differences in workflow.
- Navigate to the menu and select “Quick Create.” Click “Quote.”
- You will be taken to a screen where you can enter the contact’s name. Whether you are creating a quote for a new or existing customer, start by entering their name. Select the correct customer, or select “+ Add a New Contact” if the customer doesn’t already exist in your Constructyv account.
- The customer’s contact information will auto-populate. If the address of the job you are quoting is the same as the address for the contact, click “Next.” If the address of the job is different from the address of the contact, uncheck the box above the “Next” button and enter the address of the job. Think of this dynamic like ‘Ship to’ vs. ‘Bill to.’
- Now it’s time to build the meat and potatoes of the quote. Add a name for the job. This name will serve as a title for the quote. If you have templates built, you can select a template, or simply start building tasks for the job.
- Tasks can be as general or as specific as you’d like. For example, a task could be “install ceiling fan,” or it could be “cut holes for recessed lighting.” You choose how you prefer to quote your work. Much like tasks overall, the “quantity” section within adding a task can serve a variety of purposes. Quantity can refer to amount of items, number of hours, number of square feet, etc.
- After adding your tasks, you can click “Preview Email” in order to view the pdf of the quote, as well as add any additional content to the body of the email that will be sent to your customer. Any content you add in the editor will show before the default email text.
- Click “Send Email” from the current screen, or “Send Quick Quote” from the previous screen in order to email the quote to your customer. Your customer will then be able to accept the quote right from their email, and you will be notified as soon as they accept.
- Building and sending a quote right from your mobile phone is quick and easy. To start, click “New Quote” from your dashboard.
- Select whether the quote is for a contact that already exists in your Constructyv account, or a new contact. Then, title the job and check the box if the job address is the same as the contact’s address.
- Click the arrow button in the bottom right corner to move to the next step. If you have templates built, you can select a template, or simply start building tasks for the job.
- Follow Steps 4-7 above to complete and send your quote from your mobile phone!